Thursday, November 3, 2016
Members $20. Non-members $30.
Registration can be paid with a credit card or PayPal.
If you must pay by check make it payable to NHLA and send to Marilyn Borgendale, GMILCS, Inc. 31 Mt. St. Mary’s Way, Hooksett NH 03106 van stop Hooksett Library
Register soon, but before October 21, 2016
Carpooling is strongly encouraged. Everyone who arrives in a car with two or more people will get a chance in the carpool raffle.
9:00 Coffee and Registration
9:30 Awards and Recognitions
10:00 Jessamyn West, librarian and community technologist: Solve the Digital Divide with One Neat Trick! Teaching technology in an age of rapid prototyping and social media.
11:30 Sam Lucius, Children’s librarian and Sara Vale, co-founder of NH Girls Who Code: Up to Code? Why computer science programs in libraries?
1:15 Business Meeting: Jenn Hosking, President
2:00 Lightning round presentations:
- Jennifer Harris: Teaching Makerspace Technology to Support Student Success
- Sylvie Brikiatis and Karen Frey: Teen Tech Mentoring
- Jessica Drouin: MOOCs: adding to the inexhaustible access to information that I crave and cheerlead
- Lara Croft: Audio-recording speakers for checkout
- Kate Thomas: Tech Talks
- Kate Butler: Tech Success: involving staff and patrons in library website architecture
- Susan Brown: Teaching tech to staff
- Melody Fulone and Sandy Whipple: One Minute Videos
3:30 Raffle with Cookies and Coffee for the Road
More details on the speakers and presentations on the conference menu at nhlibrarians.org.
Thank you to the Continuing Education Committee for their financial support to the conference.
Questions to Marilyn Borgendale, NHLA Vice President, email@example.com, 603.485.4286